"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer reading and blogging goals

It is summer. Time for some extensive reading and blogging.  Every summer I seem to take a refreshing breath which helps me relax into my reading goals. This summer I hope to:

1. Read/Listen to 30 books (Memorial Day to Labor Day). By going back and grabbing books completed since Memorial Day it will give me a jump start on this goal.

30 books Summer Reading Challenge

6 / 30 books. 20% done!

2. Go back and review the seven YA books recently finished that are part of our pre-Mock Printz reading list. There are some spectacular YA books this year and it will be very difficult to cull down the list to fifteen.

  • Black Dove, White Raven by Wein
  • Audacity by Crowder
  • The Walls Around Us by Suma
  • Mosquitoland by Arnold
  • The Game of Love and Death by Brockenbrough
  • Bone Gap by Ruby
  • The Dead I Know by Gardner
3. Continue to work on my 2015 Reading Challenges. This shouldn't be tough since I only have three books left to go.

Off I go. The lounge chair on the deck is calling my name.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Mosquitoland - I listened to it on audio. Hope you enjoyed your relaxing and reading! It's been too hot and humid here to go outside at all - yuck.

    Sue

    2015 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Mosquitoland audiobook, too. My daughters have listened to it also. We are all fans.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.