"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

End of the school year Haiku

 Haiku to memorialize the end of the 2015/16 school year

Wonderful TAs
Teacher Assistants,
Megan and Kaylee, come back---
help given as gift.

Hot date
My husband and I
spend Friday night here in school,
boxing up old books.

Boxes
Frito Lay, Snow-Isle,
Josten's yearbooks, Springboard,
we take all boxes.

Reading in Bed
Go to bed early.
Perfect time to read... asleep
after one page...zzzz

Teachers leaving at end of year
Every year some
teachers leave and don't return.
I always feel sad.

Salmon dinner
Daughter on meal duty-
Salmon, potatoes, and beets,
Strawberry shortcake

Socialize
Socialize, have fun!
Bunch of tired librarians
gather, share stories.

Check out my end-of-the year haiku for 2013, and 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.