"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 11, 2012

End of the school year haiku

The end of the school year in my library means one thing: textbooks! For the past week and this week all I deal with from the moment I arrive at work until I crawl out the door eight hours later is textbooks. When I arrive home I am usually so low on energy I just veg in front of the TV rather than reading. To help me shake off my textbook state of mind I thought I'd write a few haiku.

"I didn't do it," 
the red-faced student complains. 
Graffiti on page.


How much do they weigh?
I think as fatigue sets in.
Five? Ten? Twenty? More?


Repository.
Already full to the beams.
Where to put the rest?

 
"Clean your own textbook,
or do you want to pay me
 to clean it for you?"


Black tape: bent corners,
Glue broken spine,  tape ripped page.
Book repair on cheap.


All your textbooks in!
I'll see you in September
Check them out again.


End of day drive home.
Listen to audiobook.
Only literary fix.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.