|Join the challenge at Book by Book here.|
Hey, it's summer, so we'll keep this low-key and easy!
- Anything over 400 pages qualifies as a big book.
- The challenge will run from Memorial Day weekend (yeah, I'm running
a bit late already, but it's summer!) through Labor Day weekend.
- Choose one or two or however many big books you want as your goal. Wait, did you get that? You only need to read 1 book with over 400 pages this summer to participate! (though you are welcome to read more, if you want).
- Choose from what's on your shelves already or a big book you've been meaning to read for ages or anything that catches your eye in the library - whatever peaks your interest!
- Sign up on the links list below or on the Big Book Summer Challenge page.
- Write a post to kick things off - you can list the exact big books
you plan to read or just publish your intent to participate, but be
sure to include the Big Book Summer Challenge pic above, with a link
back to this blog.
- Write a post to wrap up at the end, listing the big books you read during the summer.
- You can write progress posts if you want to and/or reviews of the big books you've read...but you don't have to! There will be a separate links list for big book review posts.
Sign up at Book by Book.
Books I am considering for this challenge:
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver