"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, April 13, 2015

TTT: Favorite Quotes


“The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort.” 
― Norton JusterThe Phantom Tollbooth

“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars

“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 
― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ryThe Little Prince

“Caring too much for objects can destroy you. Only—if you care for a thing enough, it takes on a life of its own, doesn't it? And isn't the whole point of things—beautiful things—that they connect you to some larger beauty?” 
― Donna TarttThe Goldfinch

“It is because good is always stronger than evil. Always remember that, Antonio. The smallest bit of good can stand against all the powers of evil in the world and it will emerge triumphant.” 
― Rudolfo AnayaBless Me, Ultima

“I remember it as October days are always remembered, cloudless, maple-flavored, the air gold and so clean it quivers.” 
― Leif EngerPeace Like a River

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” 
― Harper LeeTo Kill a Mockingbird

“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.” 
― Harper LeeTo Kill a Mockingbird

“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” 
― E.B. WhiteCharlotte's Web

“You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and not get wet.” 
― Norton JusterThe Phantom Tollbooth



9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful list, and so good to see some quotes from The Phantom Tollbooth! Thank you for sharing them!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Phantom Tollbooth and Little Prince. I cannot believe I did not include a Little Prince quote!

    Here are my inspiring quotes from books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered that my daughter has never read the Phantom Tollbooth. How did I let that happen?

      Delete
  3. I really like the quote on Little {rince brings back memories.

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just reread it last week. Now I keep thinking of it and its little message.

      Delete
  4. Some great quotes, thank you for sharing. I especially love the one from The Goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me, too. I loved that book, it spoke to me on many levels.

      Delete
  5. Great quotes. I especially like the Charlotte's Web one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many awesome quotes in one post! I think you could open up to any page in TFIOS and find a great and inspiring quote to use. Thanks for sharing :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.