"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts---April 1st.

1. I've been contemplating closing my blog----*April Fools!
There, now I can say I pulled a prank on someone. I am definitely not closing my blog.

2. My goal is to read four books this Spring Break and I may or may not make this goal, depending on how you look at it.

  • All the Bright Places by Jennifer Nevin---I finished this book last Saturday morning, so technically I finished it during Spring Break but I only had about thirty pages to go. (.10)
  • Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan---I started this book Saturday and finished it this morning, so this is a full book. (1)
  • Strong is Your Hand by Galway Kinnell---a small volume of poetry, only 66 pages. Can I count this as a full book? Why not? (1)
  • The Martian by Andy Weir---audiobook. My husband and I listened to about 60% of this audiobook on our vacation. He is back to work so it makes sense to let him finish the book as he commutes to and from his job each day. (.60)
  • It makes sense to me, to reach my goal all I have to do is read 30% of another book. But that isn't my goal to FINISH four books. Sigh.
3. I've watched two fantastic movies this week, The Book Thief and Mrs. Henderson Presents. I loved The Book Thief book so it doesn't surprise me that I would love the movie. Judy Dench starred in the other film. She is just something else. So talented.

4. I bought this little gadget yesterday, an egg topper, or egg scissors, designed to cut the top off of soft boiled eggs so the eggs can be eaten without burning your fingers. I haven't used it yet.
5. The weather has been stormy today after a glorious day yesterday at the tulip fields two hours north of here. Can you believe how gorgeous the flowers are?

6. Easter is this week-end and I just invited family and friends for dinner today. Gulp. Talk about last minute planning.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous flowers! And that egg contraption makes me want some soft-boiled eggs, which I haven't had for so many years...I love seeing people eating them in those little egg cups (in movies).

    Enjoy your break...and here is MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. April Fool's! :p

    Beautiful tulips! My boyfriend was just there taking photos yesterday. Maybe you've crossed paths!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.