|Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey|
- Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King---a young teenager has been bullied for seven years by another classmate, Nolan. He escapes from his daily life by daydreaming about his grandfather who is a POW/MIA Vietnam Vet. Or is he daydreaming? And why are these little ants always talking to him?
I'm listening to:
- Bossypants by Tina Fey---if you didn't know who about this comedian before, I'm sure you do now after the 2008 Presidential Campaign when she burst on the scene doing a parody of Sarah Palin on SNL. Now the you will recognize her due to her TV show, Thirty Rock. This book is very funny. Tina Fey reads it herself.
- Entwined by Heather Dixon---a retelling of the Grimms' fairy tale, Twelve Dancing Princesses. I find myself thinking of the story when I am not listening and I look forward to getting back in my car so I can continue the tale.
I recently finished:
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente. Don't you just love the title? Check out my review.
- Now is the Time for Running by Michael Williams. A touching story about a refugee boy in South Africa who finds redemption in soccer. This book is both depressing and hopeful. Review coming soon.
- Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard---Alex finds both his writing and his poetic voice after the death of a friend, Thomas. This is a beautifully told coming-of-age story. Check out my review.
What's up next?
- Divergent by Veronica Roth---For some reason I keep putting this off. I will start this book this week!