"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, October 10, 2011

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

If I could, I would read these books again for the first time. These books all seemed magical to me the first time I read them. I still like all of these books but the first time through was extra special.
(Hosted by Top Ten Tuesday at the Broke and Bookish)

1. Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss

2. The Borrowers by Mary Norton

3. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline Engle

4. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

6. Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns

7. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

8. The Shipping News by Annie Proulx

9. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

10. Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
What books do you wish you could read again for the first time?





15 comments:

  1. I picked Harry Potter. The Hunger Games is an excellent selection as well. I didn't list it because I read it like two months ago. :p I really need to read Gone With The Wind ... That should go on the Before I'm Thirty list. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get back to classics, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the books I have got to read! Making it my New Years book resolution LOL! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Harry Potter is going to be a popular one for sure! Rebecca is a really good choice too! I remember the first time I read that book - good memories! :)

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Hunger Games and Harry Potter! I have a feeling that those two series are going to be on a lot of people's lists. :)

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. Not to forget To Kill a Mockingbird too! Gone with the Wind and the borrowers are also amazing book. Love your picks. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Seuss anything! The very first book I ever read, all on my own, was Green Eggs and Ham. I should have added that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your entire list!! Oh I can remember these books for the first time. What magical experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, I'd definitely put Harry Potter and Hunger Games series on my list. I would also add a couple Jamie Lee Curtis picture books that were really fun. Oh, and Laura Ingalls Wilder

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Kill a Mockingbird made my list this week, too! Such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely agree with your last two picks. Both series (Harry Potter & The Hunger Games) definitely made a very strong impact in my life and it would be lovely to experience it all over again.

    Great list! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I haven't read Cold Sassy Tree - maybe I should finally pick it up!

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never even thought of Dr. Seuss! It would be great to rediscover his books as if I'd never read them before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry and The Hunger Games made my list too. I would put To Kill a Mockingbird on my list, but I am reading it for the first time right now. I'm trying to savor it as much as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HG and HP were both on my list! I didn't think of A Wrinkle in Time, but it really is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read A Wrinkle in Time, I always hear so many wonderful things about it that I really need to fix that! The Shipping News is one of my husband's fave books, it's been on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.