"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Have you read any Shaun Tan books lately?

Shaun Tan
Have you experienced a Shaun Tan book lately?  If not, you really must.  His books are described as children's/picture books because of his incredible art but the story lines are deep and thoughtful and worthy of being categorized as books-for-all!  I am a huge fan.  I just spent over an hour perusing his website (see link above) and enjoyed every minute falling in love with his art and his style.

Lost and Found by Shaun Tan is a collection of three stories which were previously published but from earlier work by this genius illustrator. All had something to do with the title, Lost and Found.  The artwork is incredible. Like this illustration from the story, "The Red Tree":

Wonderful Things are Passing You By
And this from "The Lost Things", which was my favorite story of the three:

"Saying hello"




Ane this picture from the third story, "The Rabbits":

The Rabbit Houses


If you haven't read one of Shaun Tan's book you are missing out on one of the truly amazing, marvelous experiences of life.  Drop by your local library today and check one out today.  I promise that you, too, will be transported to a new dimension.

2 comments:

  1. His books are incredible! I wrote a post on my blog featuring some of his work! I definitely encourage people to check his work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love Shaun Tan!!! I love just looking at the endpapers and all of the little drawings. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.