"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Weekly Blogging Challenge, 3/29/23

Today's blogging challenge: Best Nonfiction Books I've Read

This is an impossible task for me. I read a lot of nonfiction and I am fascinated by a variety of topics. Instead I have identified 15 17 nonfiction titles I have enjoyed a lot and either have or would like to reread.

I recommend them all without hesitation!

 

And unpictured --
(Click on titles for my reviews if hyperlinked)
 
My nonfiction reading tastes are very eclectic, as you can see from the list above. I like books about --
  • Sports: Boys in the Boat; Seabiscuit; All Thirteen.
  • Memoirs: Teacher Man; I Am, I Am, I Am; West With the Night; Lab Girl.
  • Science: A Dog in the Cave; Lab Girl; Around the World in 80 Trees; A Short History of Nearly Everything.
  • Written in verse: Brown Girl Dreaming
  • Graphic/illustrated: Faithful Spy; Brazen; Around the World in 80 Trees.
  • Essays: The Anthropocene Reviewed
  • About Social issues: Just Mercy; Brown Girl Dreaming
  • By favorite authors: John Green; Frank McCourt; Atul Gawande; Bill Bryson
  • About medical issues: Being Mortal; I Am, I Am, I Am
  • Adventure/Exciting: All Thirteen; Boys in the Boat; Seabiscuit; West With the Night
  • Feminists: Brazen; Lab Girl
  • Historical: West With the Night; Boys in the Boat; Seabiscuit; Brazen; A Dog in the Cave
  • Humor: Bill Bryson
  • YA: Faithful Spy; The Dog in the Cave; All Thirteen; Brazen; Brown Girl Dreaming; Just Mercy has a YA version.
  • The Beatles: Dreaming the Beatles
  • Where I learn something that has impacted my life: all of them!

 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.