"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 20, 2023

TTT: Books I want to read by favorite authors

 


Top Ten Tuesday: (Freebie) Books I want to read by new-to-me authors

Maggie O'Farrell ---I first read O''Farrell in 2021 and absolutely love her writing.

  • Books I've read by this author:
    • Hamnet ---My favorite book read in 2021, hands down.
    • I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death
    • The Marriage Portrait
       
  • Books I want to read by her:
    • The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
    • Instructions for a Heatwave
       

Amor Towles --- I'm a sucker for lovely writing.

  •  Books I've read by this author:
    • The Lincoln Highway -- my favorite book read in 2022. It actually is one of my top twenty books of all time.
    • A Gentleman in Moscow
       
  • Another book I want to read by him: 
    • Rules of Civility

Amy Krouse Rosenthal --- a new favorite author discovered in 2023. Unfortunately she is no longer living so I will have to settle on looking back rather than forward.

  • Books I've read by this author:
    • Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life
    • Textbook: a memoir
       
  • Books I want to read by her: 
    • She published many children's books. I want to read them all but I will satisfy myself with reading the few my public library has available.

Kate Quinn --- the blogosphere is always singing her praises.

  • The only book I've read by this author:
    • The Rose Code
       
  • The other books I'd like to read by her:
    • Signal Moon (a novella)
    • The Huntress
    • Diamond Eye

Taylor Jenkins Reid --- 

  • The only book I've read by her:
    • Daisy Jones and the Six
       
  • The other books I want to read (have been on my TBR for a while):
    • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
    • Malibu Rising
    • Carrie Soto is Back

If I actually turn my attention to these authors, I will be one busy girl reading all these.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.