"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Favorite reviews from first quarter of 2023

I was talking to a few friends the other day. One of the gals was telling another gal about my blog, mainly about my Sunday Salon posts. On these posts I talk about my life in addition to books. The thought entered my head that these friends probably only read that post, not my daily posts or any of my reviews. So, with that thought in my mind here are my twelve favorite reviews from the first quarter of 2023. Click on the hyperlinked book titles to read these reviews.


The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
Citizen Vince by Jess Walter
Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
 

Aww... wouldn't ya know it? I decided to post this to Facebook and my account has been hacked (for real) and I have to wait 24 hours after verifying I am me before I can get back on Facebook.
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.