"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 13, 2023

TTT: My Spring Reading List (and how I did on my winter reading list)


Top Ten Tuesday: My Spring Reading List. 
Below the line is how I did on my winter reading list.

Spring reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. Such a Fun Age by Reid (April, Group #1)
  2.  A Long Petal to the Sea by Allende (May, Group #1)
  3. Black Cake by Wilkerson (May, Group #2)
  4. The Mountains Sing by Nguyen (June, Group #1)
  5. Lucy by the Sea by Strout (June, Group #2) I've read ahead and already completed  the April book this group.

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- Romeo and Juliet
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list -- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book from this list (Hopefully: When the Angels Left the Old Country)

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. The ABC Murders by Christie
  2. Necessary Christianity by Alexander
  3. Solito by Zamora
  4. Freewater by Luqman-Dawson
  5. The Reading List by Adams
  6. On the Subject of Unmentionable Things by Walton
  7. The Hurting Kind: Poems by Limón
  8. The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas
  9. Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Kawaguchi
  10. Fox and I by Raven
  11. Malibu Rising by Reid
  12. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow by Zevin
  13. A Deadly Education by Novik
  14. Babel by Kuang
  15. Horse by Brooks
  16. Bewilderment by Powers


Update: How I did on my winter reading list.
Highlighted yellow: completed. 
Highlighted aqua: in progress or 
Highlighted green: completed but read note.  
No color: did not read.

Winter reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. Cross Purposes by Welsh (January, Group #1)
  2. Demon Copperhead by Kingsolver (January, Group #2)
  3. Citizen Vince by Walter (February, Group #1)
  4. The Marriage Portrait by O'Farrell (February, Group #2)
  5. So Lucky by Griffith (March, Group #1)
  6. The Dictionary of Lost Words by Williams (March, Group #2)

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA ---On a Winter Night a Traveler by Calvino
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list -- The Road by McCarthy
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book -- All My Rage by Tabir

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. A Thousand Steps Into Night by Chee
  2. The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Lefteri
  3. Lawless Spaces by Haydu
  4. When I Found You by Hyde
  5. All My Rage by Tabir
  6. A Book of Delights: Essays by Gay I had to return it to the library by its due date.
  7. These Precious Days: Essays by Patchett
  8. Creature by Tan
  9. Heartstopper, 4 by Oseman

I know I have a tall order to read as many books I have identified on my Spring reading list. This list, however, will help. I like will find myself referring to it occasionally just to make sure I am staying on track. As you see from my success on my winter reading list, I almost completed all the books I selected. Woot. Woot.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.