"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, January 9, 2023

TTT: Favorite Poetry Books Read in 2022


 

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Poetry Books Read in 2022

2022 was the year of poetry for me. I read over 70 poetry books -- poetry collections, books containing one long poem, novels-in-verse, memoirs-in-verse, biographies-in-verse, and books about poetry. The following list (which is quite extensive, I realize) contains the titles of all of five-star rated poetry books of the year.. I know that poetry isn't for everyone, but I do hope that from the depth of this list you find a few titles that will entice you to pick them up. (Hyperlinked titled take you to my reviews.)

Poetry Collections:


PreK- 3rd grade

Zoobilations by Douglas Florian
PreK -3rd grade 

PreK-3rd grade
 
3rd-6th grade
 
PreK-2nd grade

Adult

3rd-6th grade

Call Us What We Carry by Amanda Gorman
Adult

2nd-5th grade

1619 Project: Born on Water by Nikole Hannah-Jones
K-6th grades

Novels-In-Verse:


The Book of Aspen by Danna Smith
YA, 9-12th grades

The Hope of Elephants by Amanda Rawson Hill
MG, 6-8th grades

African Town by Irene Latham and Charles Waters
YA

The Lost Language by Claudia Mills
MG

MG-YA

The Door of No Return by Kwame Alexander
MG-YA

Singing with Elephants by Margarita Engle
MG
 
Wave by Diana Farid
MG

Memoir-In-Verse:

 
YA

My Name if Jason. Mine too.: Our Story. Our Way. by Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin
YA
 
Biography-In-Verse:

 
YA

Maya's Song by Renee Watson
PreK-2nd grade

YA

Nonfiction:

 
MG-YA

One Book Sized Poem:

 
Ain't Burned All the Bright by Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin
YA

PreK-2nd grade

Books About Poetry  

 
Adult
 
Adult

Audio:

Adult
 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.