"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday Salon -- January 2023

Bingley wants to get up on the couch. Please?
Weather: Overcast and rainy. It is unseasonably warm too, which I view as worrisome.


The same meal every day of the week:
Oddly and unintentionally my husband ate essentially the same dinner meal every day for the past week, Sunday through Saturday! It started off as gyros made with gyros meat, flat bread, cucumbers, feta cheese, yogurt, humus, lettuce, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. The ingredients would disappear unequally so we kept replacing what ran out as the week went by allowing us to eat the same meal over and over. Several times our children and grandchildren came over and shared the meal with us. Ingredients needed to be stretched or subbed in with other variations. By Saturday, as we sat done to our seventh meal of gyros sandwiches, I was completely unenthusiastic with the meal. I don't care that I still have some leftovers. I'm done with these Greek sandwiches for a long while! Have you ever done this? Oddly, I haven't eaten the same thing for a full week before.

Scared Scriptless:  Both of our children gave Don and I tickets to events for our Christmas presents this year. Last night we drove up to Seattle for a fun event, a variation of the old TV show: 'Whose Line is it Anyway?" Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherman led the audience through a whole bunch of improv settings, some involved bringing the audience up on stage. We laughed throughout. Don's comment today was how healthy he feels after laughing for over two hours yesterday.

Christmas decorations tucked away for another year: We finally de-Christmased the house on Monday. The weather was nice on Wednesday so Don was able to climb up and remove the lights from the house. I can't decide if I like it better that the house seems so uncluttered or if I miss all the festive colors.

Books and reading: I actually did not finish a single book this week but I am working on two big ones: Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I also finally reviewed Cross Purposes by Bob Welch. It for this coming Tuesday's book club meeting.

I guess it wasn't a very active week! Thanks for reading about it anyway.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.