"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

ONE BIG BOOK Challenge

This is my personal challenge to read ONE BIG BOOK each year. The book  must be a book I consider to be a challenge. I started this challenge in 2020 and have found it to be personally rewarding.

Past ONE BIG BOOKS

In 2023 my ONE BIG BOOK will be THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO which will be the biggest big book yet.


The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The book was published in French in 1844, with help from a ghost writer. 
Depending on the edition, it has over 1000 pages! 
I've ordered my own copy and hope to get started on it soon.

My goal: to finish this book by Dec. 31st, 2023!

Join me?

Pick ONE BIG BOOK that you consider a challenge. Finish it by the end of the year. Let me know the title of your challenge book in the comments. Good luck!

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.