"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, January 30, 2023

TTT: Youth Media Awards books I've read and want to read


Top Ten Tuesday: 2023 Youth Media Awards were announced today. Here is a list of the books I've read from the lists and those that I'd like to read.

Here is the full list of winners and honor books.

 

Books I've read from the YMA lists:


Books I would like to read from the lists:

  • Freewater  written by Amina Luqman-Dawson (Newbery Medal winner)
  • Hot Dog illustrated and written by Doug Salati   (Caldecott Medal winner)
  • Choosing Brave: How Mamie Till-Mobley and Emmett Till Sparked the Civil Rights Movement illustrated by Janelle Washington, written by Angela Joy (Caldecott honor book; Steptoe Illustrator winner; Sibert honor) 
  • Knight Owl illustrated and written by Christopher Denise (Caldecott honor)
  • When the Angels Left the Old Country written by Sacha Lamb (Printz honor, Stonewall Award winner; Sydney Taylor Book Award winner) 
  • American Murderer: The Parasite that Haunted the South by Gail Jarrow (YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults)
  • The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School written by Sonora Reyes (Morris Honor, Stonewall honor)

-Anne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.