Top Ten Tuesday: 2023 Youth Media Awards were announced today. Here is a list of the books I've read from the lists and those that I'd like to read.
Here is the full list of winners and honor books.
Books I've read from the YMA lists:
- All My Rage (Printz Award)
- Ain't Burned All the Bright (Caldecott Honor)
- Star Child: A Biographical Constellation of Octavia Estelle Butler (King Author Honor)
- Victory! Stand: Raising My Fist for Justice (King Author Honor; King Illustrator Honor; YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults Award winner)
- Inheritance: a Visual Poem (Odyssey Honor Audiobook)
- Abuela, Don't Forget Me (YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults finalist)
- Author Jason Reynolds (Margaret A. Edwards Lifetime Achievement Award, most recent book I read by him -- My Name is Jason. Mine too. : Our Story, Our Way.)
Books I would like to read from the lists:
- Freewater written by Amina Luqman-Dawson (Newbery Medal winner)
- Hot Dog illustrated and written by Doug Salati (Caldecott Medal winner)
- Choosing Brave: How Mamie Till-Mobley and Emmett Till Sparked the Civil Rights Movement illustrated by Janelle Washington, written by Angela Joy (Caldecott honor book; Steptoe Illustrator winner; Sibert honor)
- Knight Owl illustrated and written by Christopher Denise (Caldecott honor)
- When the Angels Left the Old Country written by Sacha Lamb (Printz honor, Stonewall Award winner; Sydney Taylor Book Award winner)
- American Murderer: The Parasite that Haunted the South by Gail Jarrow (YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults)
- The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School written by Sonora Reyes (Morris Honor, Stonewall honor)
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.