(Hosted by Bookishly Boisterous)
1. We are heading out for a week-long vacation/family reunion. There should be some good sun-n-book time. Here are the books I am taking along:
- One Summer: 1927 by Bill Bryson...audiobook for the car ride there and back
- The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg...an upcoming book club selection
- The Gospel of Winter by Brendan Kiely...YA novel
- A Matter of Souls by Denise Patrick...a short story collection
- The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Kate Hattemer...another YA novel
2. I don't honestly think I will finish five books in one week, but what if I did? I don't want to have nothing to read.
3. I've been rather obsessed with the book Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith this past week. It is a fabulous book that is so raunchy I am afraid it will be challenged or banned. Here is my review, in case you are curious. As a school librarian I worry about that kind of thing. I keep thinking about the scene in the movie The Music Man where the women's auxiliary is going after Marion the Librarian for pushing smutty books. Ha.
4. I challenged myself to read 30 books this summer (until Labor Day). I am currently reading book #15. Eek. Can I read 15 books in one month? The challenge is on.
5. I have never requested an ARC but I really, really want to read the new A.S. KING book that is coming out in October, Glory O'Brien's History of the Future. Does anyone know how to go about getting an Advanced Reader Copy of a book without getting on some list where I get boxes of books I don't want to read and review. I just want this book early.
6. To see the movie If I Stay or not, that is the question. Have you read this sweet, tear-jerker book? If not, read it quick before seeing the movie. I still haven't decided if I feel like going to movie where I know I will cry during the whole thing. Sigh.
Have a very good week.