|Teach Mentor Texts|
I can't tell, and I'm have way through, if this is just a simple love story or a complicated horror/mystery story. It is getting good reviews so I continue to hold out hope that I will figure it out soon. I'm on pg. 121 of 225
I am not much of a dragon/fantasy reading gal but this book also has great reviews and I do have students who love fantasy stories so I shall read it to see if the reviewers are right. I'm not very far on page 20 of 312.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green. A reread for me. Here it the review.
- One Day by David Nicholls. I also rewatched the DVD. A funny/sad love story.
- Red Madness: How a Medical Mystery Changed What We Eat by Gail Jarrows. About the discovery of the vitamin niacin and the cure for pellagra. Here's the review.
- The Sound of Letting Go by Stasia Ward Kehoe. Written in poetic prose. My review.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. Another reread. Here's what I had to say about it.
Up next (or what I will be taking with me on my trip to Nashville):
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor. a book club selection.
- Going Over by Beth Kephart. About the Berlin Wall.
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. Has anyone read this? It is supposed to be funny.
What's on your reading list this week?