(Hosted at Bookishly Boisterous)
Apparently this meme encourages bloggers to talk about bookish things that are happening in our lives this week. Here goes. Let's see...
1. I placed eleven books on hold at the public library today. They are already causing me anxiety and pressure. How will I actually read them all if they arrive at once? What was I thinking?
2. I am currently reading my thirteenth book of the summer toward my goal of 30 books. I've written reviews for all but one of them. I've started to notice that I get very few or no comments on my reviews but I get comments when I participate in memes. I wonder why my reviews are NOT comment-worthy?
3. My favorite way of consuming books is in the audio format but I've noticed a disturbing thing...most YA books published this year that I want to read do not have audiobooks or my library hasn't purchased them yet. I contemplated purchasing a few of them myself which I usually don't do but I am getting desperate.
4. I am reading a strange looking book right now. The text block of the book Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith is yellow, bright yellow. Weird.
5. I am currently obsessed with the Bronte sisters. I finished Always Emily yesterday and instantly started looking up information about the Bronte family. I've never really read much about them before.
6. Speaking of obsessed, I also can't get enough of the new Weird Al music videos from his new album, Mandatory Fun. My favorite is Word Crimes. Check it out.
7. I've decided it is time for me to attempt homemade Naan. My sister-in-law makes it and it is so yummy. I found this recipe and it doesn't sound too hard.