|Poster for ALA Banned Books Press Kit|
Today: we move our youngest daughter back to college in Seattle. She begins classes on Wednesday. Right now she is moving around the house finding all the little items that she hasn't rounded up yet. I may not have enough time to finish this post before she is ready to leave.
This past week: It was school as per usual. We are done checking out textbooks so I was able to give library introductions to ninth grade classes. I felt like a REAL librarian especially when the books I talked about were snatched up and checked out.
This coming week: is the American Library Association's Banned Books Week, September 22-28. Every day this week I will post a review or a commentary about banned books, censorship, freedom (freadom) to read. Please come on back and visit often and join in the conversation about our 1st amendment right to read what we want. Here is a link to the ALA Banned Books page.
- Orphan Train by Kline...book club selection, club is Wednesday so I hope to have it done by then.
- Catching Fire by Collins...audiobook. This is my 2nd time through the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series.
- Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick...a 2014 Mock Printz selection that I haven't read yet.
Books finished this week:
- Forgive Me , Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. I will be reviewing this book soon. Come back for it.
- Pablo Picasso: Yo El Ray by Carmen Bernier-Grand. An art/poetry book about the famous artist. It looks like a children's book but isn't.
Gotta run my daughter up to Seattle now. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.