|Puyallup Riverwalk Tree Sculpture|
Yesterday: My husband and I took the dog on a walk on the Puyallup River Walk. We were shocked to see all the improvements including this sculpture tree. It is difficult to see in the photo but the tree is full of carved animals and wildlife. It also has a sweet little door for gnome or pixie to use. I didn't have a camera with me so I had to grab the photo off Friends of Puyallup Riverwalk Facebook Page. I'm going back with my camera tomorrow.
Today: After church we are heading to Seattle to help our daughter rearrange her apartment so it will be ready for her new roommates to move in. She had a disastrous time last year with weird roommate situations so she is hoping to avoid some of that with proactive steps.
This past week: I spent a majority of my time volunteering at GKHS getting ready for school which starts on Tuesday. On Thursday around noon I thought I was ready with my stuff until I realized that I hadn't checked the little button that said "Processing Needed". We still had 16 textbook orders to transfer to other schools in the district. Ugh. More work. I didn't finish this task until 2:30 PM on Friday! (Of course, there were lots of interruptions.)
Books read this week:
- Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina...interesting title, huh?
- Darius and Twig by Walter Dean Myers...set in Harlem; a quick read.
- The Tragedy Papers by Elizabeth LaBan...an audiobook.
- Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle...time travel to the Elizabethan age.
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama...mermaids and family history. Audiobook.
I'm praying for: the situation in Syria.