Monday, September 16, 2013
Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR Pile
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the third book in the Divergent series is due out the end of October.
2. More Than This by Patrick Ness. Patrick Ness, author of the Chaos Walking series. Need I say more?
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I love her other book published this year, Eleanor and Park. I'm in line for this one behind my daughter who is going off to college this week so it may be a while before I see it.
4. The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer. This is the long awaited sequel to The House of the Scorpion. I have placed a hold on this audiobook at my public library. I hope it comes soon.
5. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. This is the 2nd book in The Raven Boys series, which I loved, Loved, LOVED. It should arrive this week.
6. Out of Nowhere by Maria Padian. My librarian friends tell me this book is amazing.
7. Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler. A memoir. Recommended by a fellow book blogger. My daughter read it and was very touched by it.
8. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters. This was on my summer TBR pile and I didn't get to it. I'm hoping that I can at least read a few chapters by Wednesday when we are having our Mock Printz selection meeting. This is a candidate.
9. If you Find Me by Emily Murdoch. Another book I had hoped to read this summer and another potential Mock Printz. I may pull it off my list if we don't select it in favor of some of the other books on this list.
10. Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore. The description of this book compares it a bit to Scooby-Doo mysteries. I loved Scooby-Doo when I was young so I want to check this book out. But I am not sure I will get into it as it is the second book in the series and I haven't read the first, Texas Gothic.