How did I do? I did read over 30 books, just not all the books on this list. I read 34 books, four were rereads so I figure that I just made my actual goal of 30! Ha!
In addition, I blogged about every single book I read... a first for me. I learned something about myself from doing this. If I sit down to review a book within two days of finishing a book, I can do it. The longer I wait to write it, the harder it is. Click on the hyperlinks to see my reviews.
Here's how I did on my hilariously long summer reading list.
Mock Printz preview books: (10/13 completed)
Book Club Selections : (1/1)
Of interest to my teen readers: (4/11)
For my Reading Challenges: (2/3)
Books I read not listed on original list:
Book Club selections:Potential Mock Printz Books
- The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban ✓
- Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan ✓
- Diego Rivera by Susan Rubin ✓
- Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan ✓
- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd ✓
- The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis ✓
- The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis ✓
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S.Lewis ✓
- The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis ✓
Of interest to my teen readers:
For my own interest:
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen ✓
- The Best-loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis ✓
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand ✓
- Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan ✓