"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 2, 2013

How did I do on my hilarious summer reading list?

At the beginning of the summer I published a list of books I wanted to read this summer. 

How did I do? I did read over 30 books, just not all the books on this list. I read 34 books, four were rereads so I figure that I just made my actual goal of 30! Ha!  

In addition, I blogged about every single book I read... a first for me. I learned something about myself from doing this.  If I sit down to review a book within two days of finishing a book, I can do it.  The longer I wait to write it, the harder it is. Click on the hyperlinks to see my reviews.

Here's how I did on my hilariously long summer reading list.

Mock Printz preview books: (10/13 completed)
Book Club Selections : (1/1)
Of interest to my teen readers: (4/11)
  • Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle...reading this currently, should finish by Monday, the end of summer
  • Deathwatch by Robb White 
  • Crap Kingdom by DC Pierson
  • Quarantine Lex Thomas
  • Burger Wuss by M.T. Anderson 
  • The Silence of Murder by Mackall 
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 
  • Henry Franks by Peter Salomon
  • Trapped by Michael Northrup
  • This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith
  • The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock
For my Reading Challenges: (2/3)
  • Period 8 by Chris Crutcher (Chris Crutcher Challenge) 
  • Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Big Book Summer Challenge) 
  • The White Bicycle by Beverley Brenna (Read all the ALA Award books)
Totals from original list: 17/28
Books I read not listed on original list:

Book Club selections:
Potential Mock Printz Books
Rereads:
Of interest to my teen readers:
For my own interest:
Totals from books not on original list: 17

1 comment:

  1. I used to read the Narnia books the first week of every summer (from around 5th grade to my final year of college).

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.