"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackell


Looking for a good murder mystery? One where nearly every character in the book is a potential suspect? One where the main suspect is a purposeful mute and hasn't spoken a word out loud for nine years? One where the sister is the only person determined to clear her brother's name and in the process shed light on all the other suspects, including her friends?

Well, if that sound like the kind of book you are looking for let me recommend The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackell.  It was an Edgar Award winner in 2012. The Edgars are given to the best mysteries in a variety of categories.  The Silence of Murder won for the best YA mystery of the year.

In my perpetual search to find books for a variety of readers I determined that I need to read more mysteries.  When I stumbled upon the Edgar Award database which allows me to search by category, or author, etc. I knew I had found a treasure trove of information on good mysteries. I found this book and many others that I hope to read soon. I happily have a new book to recommend to my mystery readers and new source of information to find more.

30 books this Summer Reading Challenge


30 / 30 books. 100% done!

Yippee! I've completed my 30-book reading challenge and summer isn't quite over. How many more can I read by summers end? I think I'll keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.