|South Sister (part of Cascade range) as viewed from Elk Lake in Central Oregon|
|Cabin on Elk Lake|
Sisters: Another day my sisters and I (and our husbands) went to Sisters, Oregon, which has a quaint old west feel. In the photo below you see us posing with Sisters t-shirts that we didn't buy. I also have a brother, but he and his family floated the Deschutes River that day. I learned a new thing about my sisters that day...neither of them like bananas. How did I not know this before?
|The photo is of the sisters in Sisters.|
- Short nights of the Shadow Catcher: the Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan. We finished this audiobook en route to Central Oregon. For any American history buffs this is a must-read! Completed.
- Period.8 by Chris Crutcher...another provocative book by Crutcher. This one is a thriller/mystery. A quick read. Completed.
- The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis...the 7th and last book of the Chronicles of Narnia. This book ends on an exquisite note. Completed.
- Wesley the Owl: the Remarkable Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien...a book club selection about a biologist and her rescued owl pet. Completed.
- Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan...a disturbing tale out of Africa about an albino boy who is hunted for his "magical qualities." 1/3rd done.
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. The audiobook selection for our return trip home. A very quirky book full of memorable characters. Barrett Whitener, the narrator of the audiobook, does an exceptional job. 1/3rd done.
From the kitchen: Each night of vacation one family unit was responsible for dinner feeding the 18-22 person horde. Our night was Friday. Menu: Marinated BBQ salmon, steamed green beans, potato packets, watermelon, and cherry dump cake. All easy to make and so yummy. Hit!
Our peace shall stand as rocky mountains. -Wm. Shakespeare