"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

End of Summer Report Card


Yesterday was officially the end of summer for me. Today I went back to school as a high school librarian. It is time for my summer challenge report card. How did I do on my summer challenges?

1.
30 books this Summer Reading Challenge


35 / 30 books. 117% done!

*I finished my 35th book of the challenge last night.


2.
Big Book Summer Challenge
(Books must be over 400 pages.  My goal: 1)
1. Beautiful Creatures by Garcia and Stohl, 563 pages
2. Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver, 436 pages
3. Winger by Andrew Smith, 448 pages
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, 399 pages (close enough)
5. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, 454 pages
6. Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, 394 pages (close enough, again!)

*I didn't put the bar very high by setting my goal at one book. I met my goal times 6! Yea!

3.  Progress on other challenges:
A.Chris Crutcher Challenge 
Read Period 8, part of the Chris Crutcher Challenge
B. YA Audiobook Challenge
YA Audiobook Challenge...Listened to these audiobooks that are YA Lit:
  1. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
  2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  3. Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan 
  4. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd 
  5. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer  
  6. What We Saw at Night by Jacquelyn Mitchard         
*I always hope to knock off quite a few books from my reading challenges during summer. No matter how many I read, I'll always think I should have read more.

2 comments:

  1. You did GREAT. I'm amazing at all those books you read. I should keep track of how many I read, although I'm sure it's not 30 or even close. Maybe 10-15?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reading summer! Glad you joined the Big Book Summer Challenge this year - you certainly did well! Sorry I was late putting up my own wrap-up post and a new linky list - it's up now, if you want to add your link to the wrap-up list (or not - either way is fine with me). Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you back-to-school week goes well.

    Sue

    http://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-big-book-summer-challange-2013-wrap.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.