"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Friday Quotes, July 21

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---



Book Title: Steeplejack by A.J. Hartley

Book Beginning:
The last person up here never made it down alive, but there was no point thinking about that.
Friday 56:
Will he live or will he die? Either way, the outcome for me was flight or death, but I needed to know, if only so I could come to terms with what I had done.
Comment: I guess you can tell I've got a murder mystery on my hands. So far so good. I am pretty excited because usually YA mysteries aren't so complicated and interesting. This one is breaking that mold.

18 comments:

  1. This book sounds so interesting! I'll have to add it to my TBR. Happy Friday Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this one before, and it looks interesting. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been tempted by this one but have yet to nab it. Maybe now I will because those blurbs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover and excerpts are intriguing. This book is new to me and I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely need to list it. Stunning cover and your excerpts just tickle my curiosity. Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/friday-meets-22-july-2016.html Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book definitely sounds fascinating....and as if you won't be able to put it down. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that this is more complicated than the typical YA mystery. Love the teasers! I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds and looks to be an exciting read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this one very much when I read it a few weeks ago. This week I am spotlighting Seizure by Kathy Reichs since I would like to finish that series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like there are a lot of life or death situations! Looks like an exciting read!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/friday-reads-22nd-july-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading a murder mystery this weekend too. I like the beginning of your book and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too - also reading a murder mystery. Happy weekend all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds good! I am adding it to my outrageously big tbr list....lol...Thanks for stopping by my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds intriguing and I like the excerpts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, that sounds rather interesting. What a way to tease us! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you found an interesting mystery. The cover art looks exciting! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wouldn't want to dwell too much on that first line ...!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought this a little while ago - can't wait to get started!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.