"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, May 6, 2024

TTT: Flowered Book Covers

Top Ten Tuesday: Flowered Book Covers

Apparently I don't read many books with flowers on the cover so I had to search back in my files as far as 2019 to find the ten book covers I've highlighted here. Either that or flowers are not popular on covers right now. Interestingly, eight of the ten books here have strong female protagonists. (Indicated by ** in list below.) I wonder if there is a correlation between flowers and strong women?


Interested in any of these books? Hyperlinked titles will take you to my reviews:

Tom Lake by Ann Patchett **
When Women Were Dragons by Kelly Barnhill **
Maame by Jessica George **
The Dutch House by Ann Patchett ** (Pink blobs on wallpaper are roses.)
The Ghost of Rose Hill by R.M. Romero **

I liked all of these books and I also like all of the covers.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.