"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, May 20, 2024

TTT: Books I was Super Excited to Get My Hands On But Had to Send Back to the Library Unread


Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was Super Excited To Get My Hands On But Ended Up Sending Back to the Library Unread

This always seems to happen to me. I put a bunch of books on hold at the library, both print books and e-audiobooks, and they all come in at the same time. I can't possibly listen to five audiobooks at the same time and in only three weeks. I can read several books during the same time period. In doing so it slows me down considerably on each book.

Here are titles of recent print books or e-audiobooks I've recently sent back unread or have extended the hold borrowing date in hopes of getting the book next time when no other books are in my queue.

The Women by Kristin Hannah 
I pushed off this hold on the audiobook once by extending the borrowing date. I am scheduled to receive it again on June 14th.

Wandering Stars by Tommy Orange
I think I've pushed this audiobook off for a later borrowing date twice. My next window to expect it begins on June 8th. Let's hope it doesn't arrive the same time as The Women. It probably will. My luck.

The Bee Sting by Paul Murray
I've pushed this audiobook off so many times I just noticed it is no longer in my library queue. Should I do something about that right now or wait to see what happens with the other books ahead of it? Hmm.

I'll Start Again Monday by Lysa Terkeurst
I wanted this book so badly I accidently placed holds on two different copies of the same print book, both of them arrived and I checked both of them out. Now time is up and I haven't read either. Sigh.

Inspired by Rachel Held Evans
This has sat patiently in a big pile of print library books waiting its turn and I've never even cracked the pages open. I am leaving for a two-week trip soon. Should I renew the book and have it waiting for me when I get back, or should I return it and hope to get it again sometime when I am not so busy? And when is that?
..............................................................................................................
Whoops. I didn't even realize until I published this list that I am one week ahead of the TTT list. Oh well. Here you go!
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.