"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday Salon May 19th

Don has help blowing out his birthday candles.

Weather:
It is sunny right this moment, temperatures in the mid-50s. Yesterday it poured rain and there was a thunderstorm, which is unusual around here. The dog went nuts.

Reading and blogging: I didn't do much this week except read and blog. I commited last Sunday to blog every day this past week and I did. However, four of the posts are scheduled for dates in the  upcoming weeks as I'll be traveling to Norway and Germany with my sisters and doubt I will have much time to blog.
  • Blog posts this past week:
  • Books read:
    • Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. My rating 3 out of 5 stars. Watch for review in coming weeks. (Audio)
    • Plainsong by Kent Haruf. A book club selection set in a small town in Eastern Colorado. My rating 4 stars. (Audio and print)
  • Currently reading:
    • The Great Divide by Cristina Henriquez. Set in Panama during the time period when the canal was being built. The story of all types of people living and working together. (Print) 50%
    • Go as a River by Shelley Read. Set in the 1940s on a peach farm. A motherless girl is weighing her options. (Audio) 21%
  • Book club. This coming week both of my clubs meet. We're discussing --
Upcoming trip: as I mentioned above, I am preparing for an international trip with my two sisters to visit relatives in Norway and Germany. My younger sister missed out on another family trip to Ecuador and Panama last fall so we planned another family trip for her to be a part of. Yesterday I spent time ordering travel sizes of toothpaste and lotion. I also ordered a bag in which I can store all my cords...phone charger, electrical converter, Fitbit charger, etc. This is the kind of stuff my husband usually carries. Without him on the trip I will have to be in charge of my own stuff. 😖

Off to a baseball game with the family. Let's hope the weather holds!

The only photo taken of us at the ballgame. Jamie was busy getting very sticky after consuming cotton candy. Ah, the delight of that spun treat but also the sugar crash afterwards was not totally unexpected. When our girls were little and we went to a baseball game we wouldn't buy them cotton candy until the 7th inning. After they were done with it, we'd head home. Even if the game wasn't over yet. Ha!


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.