"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, July 24, 2023

TTT: Books I Did Not Finish


Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Did Not Finish



#1 and 10 -- Because they were ARC or self-published, too long, and needed the help of an editor.

#2, 3, and 11 -- Poetry books I didn't enjoy or understand.

#4, 5, 6, 7 -- I was reading these books as part of my role as a Round One Cybils judge. I had to read 65+ books in less than six weeks. I needed to read enough of each book to make a good judgment. Not finishing these four doesn't mean I didn't like them.

#8 -- A short story collection I couldn't relate to the first few stories I read so I stopped.

#9 -- I can't remember why I didn't finish this book other than it irritated me, for some reason.

I don't often NOT finish books but I am learning how to do it.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.