"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Salon -- Summer!

Jamie (2) and Ian (5) at Whistler, B.C. (photo credits: R. Adams)

Weather: Blue skies and warm. Yesterday it was overcast in the morning and relatively cool and by evening it was very comfortable being outside. We ate dinner at the picnic table.

Canada: We returned from our Whistler vacation last Sunday. It was a glorious week. As you can see from the collage above of our grandsons, the skies were blue (mostly) and we had many wonderful adventures: a trip up the gondola to the top of the mountain (Blackcomb or Whistler, I'm not sure); a day at the lake playing in the water in our inflatable kayak; a visit to the splash park with the mountains as our back drop; and a hike to the old train wreck site (graffiti). We also played endless games (of Nerts, Wingspan, Ticket to Ride), splashed around in the condos swimming pool, shopped a little, ate a favorite restaurant where we, of course, had sticky toffee pudding. One evening we attended an outdoor concert in the Olympic Plaza to hear the Vancouver Symphony play favorite show tunes by John Williams and other famous pieces from operas. Lovely. It was an almost perfect vacation.

Calf muscle injury: The week would have been perfect had I not injured my calf muscle doing the slightest  activity of stepping off the curb. Sigh. Aging is definitely not for sissies. Luckily it happened later in the week so I wasn't laid up for too long. I'm taking it easy this week as the recommended treatment is rest and ice. You know what that means, don't you? More time to read!

Books (the last three weeks, since my last Sunday Salon post):
Shelter Dogs get new homes due to magic. This just makes me so happy.

Have a good week!
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.