"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sunday Salon / What I Am Reading

Superheroes: Hard at Work! (Photo credit: their mother, R. Adams)


Weather: Lovely. We took a drive in the convertible yesterday ending up at a cidery, the Mill Haus Cider Company and ate our lunch outside, sitting in the shade. It would have been too hot in the sun.

T-Ball and headstands: One of our superheroes also plays T-Ball. We went to one of his games this week and enjoyed the antics of the five and six-year-olds on both teams. For example, a girl on the opposing team, decked out in baseball pants, orange T-shirt, and a pink batting helmet, would do a headstand at every base she stopped at. Serious T-baller!

Didn't do too much this week except read. So let's get to it:

Completed this week!
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (audio) I can finally say I've read it.
House of Light by Mary Oliver. Not my favorite poetry collection by Oliver, or was I just not in the mood?
Victory City by Salman Rushdie (audio) Don and I listened to this one together, my first Rushdie book.
Island Home by Tim Winton. A memoir to a place: Western Australia.
Letters from Dachau by Clarice Wilsey and Bob Welch. 

Currently reading.
I Have Some Questions for You by Rebecca Makkai (audio, 8%)
Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery (50%, reading as part of my Try it July Challenge)


Possible upcoming selections.
We are heading for a family vacation next Sunday and as per usual I am thinking about what I will read more than what I will wear.

Blog posts:
Sink clogged? Call the plumber or...

Our daughter sent us a message that her sink was clogged this week. I can see why.

A superhero has transformed into a helper. Watering with grandpa.




 
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.