"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday: Book Date and What Are you Reading?

Book Date
 

It's been a long time since I've participated in this blog group. But I didn't post a Sunday Salon yesterday so I thought I'd drop by here and post an update on what I'm reading 

Recently completed:


 I've only completed a review for Buzzworthy. It's been a busy reading week for me. I've been working on Tell Me Why for five months. It feels good to finish it up and I enjoyed it so much I'll miss it now that I've finally done. I look forward to reviewing Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow soon. I've written, but not published, my review of How to Be a Young Antiracist. I'm combining it with other reviews for books I haven't finished yet. I doubt I'll review Breakfast at Tiffany's. I didn't like it as much as I'd hope. It felt too dated.

Currently reading:


After isn't as fun or as inspirational as I'd hope so I will likely speed through it, pausing at points of interest. The Hurting Kind is full of my type of favorite and accessible poems.  Pray First is the book we are reading for my church Bible Study. Very good.

Up next:


I either own (House of Light) or currently have checked out all these books from the library. I am ready to go on them. In fact, I will likely start the audiobook of Our Missing Hearts today and It's All Absolutely Fine tonight.

What are you reading right now?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.