"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Give It a Try in July Challenge


I am hosting a challenge this July, encouraging myself and others to give books a try which have been hanging out, unread on my bookshelves. Here is a link to intro post about this challenge. Join me.

In July I hope to try (read 50-75 pages) of each 5-10 books and then decide if I want to finish them (sometime) or toss/donate them. 

On my Goodreads page, I will keep notes about my thoughts on each book so I can remember my thinking when I do circle back to finish the book.

Here are my books:


 Secrets of the Vine by Wilkinson

The House of Broken Angels by Urrea

The Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Eggers

The Great Green Room by Gary

Work Songs by Doig

Bonk by Roach

Tattoos on the Heart by Boyle

Letter from Dachau by Wilsey

8 Minutes in the Morning by Cruse

The Financial Lives of Poets by Walter


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.