"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 26, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Book Date
 

Here I am in Canada for a family vacation. My husband, younger daughter, and I traveled from our home to Whistler yesterday in our new electric vehicle. It was the first time we've had to charge en route and we were definitely novices at the whole thing. We finally ended up in the parking lot of a huge sports/events complex to find a charger we could use which didn't require us to be Canadian. Hmm. No one told us that would be a problem. Anyhow, we made it and this is what I'm reading...


Recently finished: NOTHING. I didn't finish a single book all week.


 

 Currently listening to:


Trust by Hernan Diaz. Our little family group listened to half of this book on our journey to Canada yesterday and will likely finish it up on our way home. This was one of the co-Pulitzer Prize winners for 2023.

Work Song by Ivan Doig. This is a sequel to one of my favorite books, Whistling Season. The voice actor is the same person, Jonathan Hogan, in both books, which is increases my joy in listening. I've had the both the print and the audiobook around the house for several years and I finally decided it was time to give it a try for my July Challenge. (See below for the link about the details.)


Currently reading:


Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. This is my Classics Club Spin book of the season. Believe it or not, I've never read it. I have however seen the movie Young Frankenstein many times. Ha! I've just started it and am only 8% completed.

Queer Ducks (And Other Animals) by Eliot Schrefer. I am reading this book for PRIDE month and also because it won a Printz Honor this year. I'd better get a move on if I want to finish it before the end of June!


Up next: Or at least I have this book as a back up for vacation reading.


The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave. I actually know nothing about this book. I selected it from the in-library used book store shelves because I'd seen it on a lot of bloggers lists.

What are you reading today?

 

Join me?

Give It a Try in July Challenge. Read details here.


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.