"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 26, 2023

TTT: Anticipated New Book Releases for the Second Half of 2023


 
Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated New Book Releases for the Second Half of 2023

I usually don't pay much attention to upcoming books. Seems like I am always looking backwards at what I missed. But I did run into a few lists recently that had some upcoming books on it that caught my attention. They are:

Crook Manifesto by Colson Whitehead

July 18, 2023
The sequel to Harlem Shuffle which I read and enjoyed. Though not one of my favorites out of all the books Whitehead has written, I am interested what happens to the character. So it is likely I will read this sequel.

Tom Lake by Ann Patchett


August 1, 2023
I've turned into a huge Ann Patchett fan after a few false starts on her earliest works. This one is about a woman who gets out of prison and tries to turn her life around. My book club is considering this for one of our future meetings.


Family Lore by Elizabeth Acevedo

August 1, 2023
This one is set in The Dominion Republic and is about female empowerment. I've liked everything I've read by Acevedo. I'm wondering if this is YA. Everything else I've read by her has been.


The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store by James McBride

August 8, 2023
Another book my club is considering for an upcoming meeting. This one is set in the 1970s in a mixed race community and it involves a mystery.


The Phoenix Crown by Kate Quinn and Janie Chang

September 5, 2023
I really admired the one book I've read by Kate Quinn and do enjoy the genre of historical fiction. In 1906, a white singer and a Chinese embroiderer are caught up with a charming railroad magnate and the mystery of a fabled Chinese relic.


The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger

September 5, 2023
Apparently I am making my decisions based on author's whose work I've enjoyed in the past. I've read two by this guy and they were fantastic. This one is set in the 1950s.


Holly by Stephen King

September 5, 2023
Holly Gibney is a character in the Mr. Mercedes series and she is a very compelling character. I didn't realize she had her own book (series). Squee! This one is the third in her series so I guess I'll stumble back and see if I can figure out the order of the books I should read.


The Fraud by Zadie Smith

September 5, 2023
The Fraud was already on my TBR before today. I want to finally conquer a Zadie Smith book. This one is set in Scotland in the late 1800s.


The Land of Lost Things by John Connolly

September 18, 2023.
I LOVED The Book of Lost Things, which I read over ten years ago. In fact, I was sort of obsessed with it. I didn't know I needed a sequel until now. Can't wait!

Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

May 30, 2023
This one is already published but I just heard about it, so I'm counting it as a book I anticipate reading. It is a YA story where a member of the Greek Fates must solve a series of impossible murders to save her sisters and her city. Sounds delightful. 

 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.