"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, February 28, 2022

TTT: Best big books I've read in the past few years


Top Ten Tuesday: Best big books (over 450 pages long) I've read in the past few years 

At the beginning of this month I read an article about February being the perfect month to read a short book or two. I decided that was a great plan. My problem, however, was I was in the middle of several big books, really big books. So as February winds down, today I am honoring big books instead of short books on this off-the-board TTT post.


 

1. Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr 
626 pages
 
2. The Firekeeper's Daughter by Angeline Boulley
498 pages 
 
3. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
576 pages
 
4.  Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
476 pages

464 pages

6. The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
464 pages

7. Dune by Frank Herbert
890 pages

8. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
601 pages

9. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
960 pages

10. The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki
548 pages (my current read, 57% complete)

What big books have you read recently that you think are worth the effort?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.