"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, February 7, 2022

TTT: Will I LOVE These Books on My 'To-Read' List?

 

Top Ten Tuesday: (Love Freebie Week) Will I Love These Books On My 'To-Read' (TBR) List? I hope so!

 

1. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell

πŸ’– I am a new fan of this author and have heard great things about this book. Added to my TBR on Dec. 11, 2021

2. Work Song by Ivan Doig

 I just finished reading the first book in this series, The Whistling Season, where we meet Morrie Morgan as a teacher in a one-room school house. πŸ’“I loved it! This book carries Morrie's story onto new adventures. I am also a big fan of this author. Added to my TBR this past week.

3.  The Rose Code by Kate Quinn

I have read so manyπŸ’— positive reviews here in the blogosphere. Added to my TBR Dec. 31, 2021.

 

4. These Precious Days: Essays by Ann Patchett

πŸ’Ÿ I've loved everything I've read by this author and I usually enjoy reading well-written essays. Added to my TBR on Aug. 20, 2021

5. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune

Another book that my blogging friends have all loved. πŸ’•Added to my TBR Nov. 20, 2020

6. The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

πŸ’The first book in the Disc World series by a fabulous author. Added to my TBR list Jul. 16, 2018.

7. Poems to See By: A Comic Artist Interprets Great Poetry by Julian Peters

😍I am a poetry fanatic and this book sounds unique.

 

8. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

I've heard amazing things about this book. πŸ’™On my TBR since Jan 14, 2019.

9. If On A Winter's Night A Traveler by Italo Calvino

πŸ’›A classic comedy; a conversation between two readers. Sounds fun. Added to my TBR Jan. 14, 2018

10. The Other Bennet Sister by Janice Hadlow.

Anything Jane Austen, I love. πŸ’– Added Dec. 6, 2020.

 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.