Top Ten Tuesday: What I love about being a reader
1. I always have something to do that I enjoy, even when I am doing something I don't like waiting for an appointment.
2. I often have read the book before the movie comes out, so I have consumed the superior source first.
3. Most of my best friends are also readers so we always have something to discuss---what we are reading.
4. I know where to go to find new information and I enjoy reading books where I learn something new. As a librarian I used to tell people who wold ask me for information that I was a generalist---that I know a little bit about a lot of stuff, but I know where to find more information.
5. I usually have lots of book ideas for gifts.
6. Unless I am late for a meeting or an appointment, I don't mind getting stuck in traffic because I always have an audiobook going in the car. Traffic jams just give me more time to listen to my story.
7. Books help create special family moments---books we read together every year at Christmas; snuggling with children or grandchildren and a book; family car trips listening to audiobooks en route.
8. Books can help quiet the negative chatter in my head these days of negative news and politics---poetry, nature essays, inspiring stories are the obvious choices, but right now I am enjoying humorous books the most. I need to keep the laughter coming just to survive.
What do you like about being a reader?