Today we went on a magical walk and found some unexpected things. Refer to the collage above as you read about it:
- A garden full of rock people
- God's Eyes hanging from trees on our street. We stopped counting at 26 (because we got home.)
- A flowering cheery, I mean cherry, tree in full bloom
- A tree stump with an artistic display of fungus growing up its side
- A helpful sign in the forest that points two ways with the words, "This Way"--- "That Way".
- A forest path under cedar trees lined by sword ferns, trillium, salal, huckleberry bushes, nurse stumps, and, of course, blackberry vines.
- Little painted rocks strategically located on mossy stumps in the forest. (We are fairly sure that a lot of fairies have recently moved into our neighborhood.)
- Clean out the drawer where the brushes, combs, and dental floss are stored more than once a decade. Yuck!
- When cooking with rice, pasta, or beans first check to see if there is already one open. I found 25+ open bags of these items in my pantry.
- Action-adventure movies are preferable to Rom-Coms or some serious film. They allow for two hours of coronavirus-free thoughts. "Gosh, that person's life is much worse than mine."
- Attending a drive-by birthday party, baby shower, and/or a welcome party will have to suffice these days.
- I don't like ZOOM meetings or church. I'd never heard of Zoom before this pandemic and I'm already sick of it.
- Lots of people don't wear their masks correctly. What the heck. But at least they are trying. (But don't cut a hole in it like this lady.)
- The people who irritate me are those who think only of themselves. Read this from Governor Andrew Cuomo;
Time for some humor:
1. Couldn't stop laughing. Watch the reaction of the reporters:
2. Need instructions how to sew a mask? Don't follow Kay.
3.Before posting on TV, be sure to check spelling
4. This one just cracks me up. Simple sense of humor, I guess.
5. And this one is funny to our family because we all have Fitbits and compete each week to see who gets the most steps. (Non-coronavirus humor.)
6. Sounds like good advice.
And now for those requisite cat photos. Let me set the scene. A. George is under the bathroom vanity playing with the white rubber tip from a door stopper. B. Fred is inspecting what his brother is doing under the vanity. C. Every once in a while it is necessary to retrieve the rubber tip if it escapes from George, that is his paw you see.
In the words of James Taylor "Shower the people you love with love! Show them the way you feel. Things are going to be much better if you only will." Watch him and The Voice cast sing it.