"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Friday Quotes: The Book of Pearl

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---


Title: The Book of Pearl by Timothee de Fombelle

Book Beginnings:
"Who would have guessed that she used to be a fairy?"
Friday 56:
"'It's something that can fill one's life. Turning around and around inside you, until you die.'"
Comment: This book is truly a fairy tale, translated from French. It is also a love story that has extended beyond time and world borders. It is a little confusing because of the two time periods and worlds but I find it charming. A fairy loses her fairy-ness for love and a prince loses his kingdom for love. I'm hoping it ends up at "And they lived happily ever after."


19 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I confess, the cover and opening got me right away:)

    My Friday 56 from Ghostgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with fairy. :-) I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I like the genre and haven't heard of this book before. Mine is from The Point by John Dixon - a science fiction thriller from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound tempting. I love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “GHOSTED”

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be fun to read it in the original French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree it might be fun for you. Not me. I can't read much French.

      Delete
  6. The Book of Pearl sounds unique. I hope it has a good ending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!

    Ooh, interesting cover!

    Hallie @ Book by Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of that. And Timothee de Fombelle! I'd want to read it just for the name of the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to find a new fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful cover. See what we are featuring at Girl Who Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this sounds just gorgeous and I love that cover! I hadn't heard of this until now but I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that opening. Sounds sweet.

    My Friday post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this book before. I like the plot and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds interesting. I haven't come across it before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I like fairy tale like stories. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would totally pick this up just for the cover. :)

    Check out my Friday post and please vote in my Make Me Read It Readathon poll

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great beginning! I'm intrigued! Hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds really sweet and the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.