"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Revving up for Book Award Season

In a little over two weeks the American Library Association will announce the Youth Media Awards at the end of their Mid-Winter Conference. I have been preparing for these announcements all year by frantically reading as many YA books published this year which makes them qualified for consideration. The first step, as I look back on my 2015 reading, is to identify which books I awarded the most Goodreads stars. Sometimes I love a book and issue 5 stars and then the book doesn't settle well and now I might go back and give it less stars today. In keeping with my original thoughts I will report my original rating. I am hoping my four and five star books are the ones the actual committees choose from, but we shall see. *Are the books I HOPE will win some award or honor.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Mosquitoland by David Arnold *
I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest
Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman *
Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson *
Most Dangerous by Steve Sheinkin *
The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett *
Steve Jobs: Insanely Great by Jessie Hartland

The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
The Dead I Know by Scot Gardner
SuperMutant Magic Academy by Jillian Tamaki
The Tightrope Walkers by David Almond
March: Book Two by John Lewis
Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell
X: A Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli *
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith
The Truth Commission by Susan Joby
Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge
Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier
I Crawl Through It by A.S. King *
The Emperor of Any Place by Tim Wynne-Jones


The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Kissing in America by Margo Rabb
Dime by E.R. Frank
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks 
Honor Girl by Maggie Thrush
Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older
The Hired Girl by Laura Schlitz
The MARTians by Blythe Woolston
Fairest by Marissa Meyer



None

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.