"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, December 28, 2015

TTT: Titles I am eagerly anticipating in 2016


Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016
for the GKHS Library
(I rarely pay attention to upcoming books unless they are highly publicized. The books I've listed below are books which students have notified me they are waiting for.)

Firelight (Amulet #7)
1. Firelight (Amulet #7) by Kazu Kibuishi
Even though this isn't really a high school series the kids love it and let me know when a new book is coming out. I met Kibuishi this year and love his work.
Release date: February 23, 2016

The Last Star: The Final Book of The 5th Wave
 2. The Last Star by Rick Yancey
The last book in the 5th Wave series. I predict this will be in high demand since the 5th Wave movie is coming out soon.
Release date: May 24, 2016.

Morning Star: Book III of The Red Rising Trilogy
3. Morning Star by Pierce Brown
The third book in the Red Rising series. I have a few ardent followers of this series.
Release date: February 9, 2016

Calamity (The Reckoners)
4. Calamity by Brandon Sanderson
The third book in the Reckoners series. A few kids have enjoyed this series and look forward to the final  installment,
Release date: February 16, 2016

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, Book 4)
5. The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater
The fourth book in the Raven Cycle series. This is one I'm actually looking forward to myself.
Release date: March 29, 2016

The Rose and the Dagger
6. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
The second book in the Wrath and the Dawn series. Kids love the first and should be standing in line for the second.
Release date: May 7, 2016

The Siren
7. The Siren by Kiera Cass
Cass has quite a following for her Selections series. The Siren is a stand alone but I bet it has some fans waiting for it.
Release date: January 26, 2016

Stars Above: A Lunar Chronicles Collection (The Lunar Chronicles)
8. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
A Lunar Chronicles collection of stories. Meyer lives in our area and has a large fan base. (Thanks to Cornerfold for highlighting this book for me.)
Release date: February 2, 2016.

LaRose: A Novel
9. LaRose by Louise Erdrich
Edrich is one of my favorite authors.
Release date: May 10, 2016

Felicity: Poems
10. Felicity by Mary Oliver
This book is already published but I just found out about it when I was doing my homework for this assignment so I am treated it as a new book in 2016. Oliver is my favorite poet. If you don't consider yourself a poetry reader or lover, you might want to try a volume of Oliver's poems, They are so spot on and simple to read.
Released on October 15, 2015

10 comments:

  1. Hm, I'm somewhat intrigued by The Siren. I didn't mind the Selection series, but I'm more interested to see what else she writes. Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! 2016 will be the year of my first Brandon Sanderson book! It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read The 5th Wave, but definitely plan to before the movie comes out. I'm interested in Siren, too, although I never got into her other series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to start the 5th Wave series, Red Rising series, or the Wrath and the Dawn but I plan to at least read 5th Wave start of 2015 so I can watch the movie and audiobook W&D first week of 2016 for a mini road trip and if they are anything like I expect then I will also be eager to continue on. I have the Raven King and Stars Above on my list as well. A great top ten for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few students who keep asking me about Calamity's book release. Personally, I thought it was ok. I still need to read 5th Wave and really need to pick up the Raven Boys series. I'm determined to read and finish it in 2016 since the last book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't add the Last Star to my list, but I am looking forward for the conclusion of the series. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for The Siren too! I hope you love all of these! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks - I really need to jump back into Amulet. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a book I liked by Brandon Sanderson, but it wasn't in that series. I will have to to put the next 5th Wave installment on my holds. I thought the series was finished. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for The Raven King!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.