"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Friday blogs...Feb. 17

Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View
Feature and Follow Friday: Meet and follow new blogging friends. Featured blogger this week: Le' Grande Codex, nice blog.  I look forward to reading more.

Q: What's the most unique character name you've come across?

A: I usually think that character names in Sci-Fi or Fantasy books are the most unique and often unpronounceable. One of the reasons that I like about audiobooks is having someone else pronounce these names for me.  I am just starting Inheritance, the 4th book in the Eragon series, in the audiobook format for this very reason.  But thinking about unique and funny names, I like those in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy : Arthur Dent, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Slartibartfast.  They make me smile just to say them.

TGIF GReads

Q: Book Blogger Pride: What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?

A: I am pleased when my friends, colleagues, or students tell me that they like something that I blogged about. First that let's me know that they are reading it and secondly I hope my blog encourages those folks to get out and read great books.



12 comments:

  1. Hi..I agree with you..It is funny. :) Here is my Feature & Follow. A new follower! I would love, if you could follow my blog.

    Vidya @ Books Are Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good choices. Very original.

    Here's my Friday Hop. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those names are definitely unique! And love your answer on what you take pride in - when someone picks up a book based on oyur recommendation = awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really original names! I think I'm going to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with my book club, soon! Great answer!

    By the way, I've tagged you!

    http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, love it when someone says that they picked up a book because of your review or recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always encouraging to hear that someone has read your blog and appreciated your thoughts on something. I think it's great that people start paying attention to books or bookish things because of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, those are definitely unique names!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes... Hitchhiker's a great choice for unique names!! :-) Here's my FF: http://www.burgandyice.blogspot.com/p/pinterest-book-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm a new follower! :)

    Those are some awesome names! And no, you're not alone at blanking when trying to think of names!
    I LOVE unique character names!

    Have a FABULOUS Friday!!!! :D

    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is encouraging when you have influenced somebody to read something!

    Here is my TGIF: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/tgif-at-greads-book-blogger-pride.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but I like those names! Arthur Dent is great, but Slartibartfast? I have no idea how to pronouce that one! An audiobook sounds like a great idea :) Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Slartibartfast, eh? New follower.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Please comment below.