"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, February 17, 2012

2011 Cybils Awards announced this week

The 2011 Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards (Cybils) were announced this week.

Drum roll please....

The winners for the YA categories are:
Fiction: Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach




Fantasy and Sci-Fi: Blood Red Road by Moira Young




Graphic Novel: Anya's Ghost by Vera Brogol




Nonfiction: Amelia Lost: the life and disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming



I have only read one of the YA winners (Anya's Ghost) so now I have three new books on my TBR pile.  Congratulations to the winners.  See the whole list here: 2011 Cybils

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of them!! But, I've got them all out from the library right now :) Looks like some good reading ahead! Do you follow SLJ's Battle of the Kids Books in March? Both Anya's Ghost and Amelia Lost are contenders.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.