|The Broke and Bookish|
What books would I save if I could were my house under attack?
1. The Bible...my personal Bible that I've written footnotes in.
2. All six books of Jane Austen (hardcover)
3. The Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I just purchased a set of hardcover books of the Narnia books.
4. All the Harry Potter books, all are first editions.
5. Favorite Children's books: The Big Hungry Bear by Woods; Jamberry by Degen; The Birthday Book by Dr. Seuss; Little Bear by Maurice Sendak
6. A Few Christmas books that we read every year: How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss; The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson; The Angel, the Shepherd, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog by Dave Barry.
7. My daughters' baby books.
8. After looking at other lists I realized that I would definitely want to save a few of my favorite cookbooks: The Taste of Oregon; The Christmas Cookie Book; The Joy of Cooking; and the more personal ones like the one created by my daughter's class when she was in 3rd grade.
The rest of my books, though I love them, can be replaced and I would not be devastated if I lost them.