moydrook reads awarded me a Versatile Blogger Award. Wow. I am honored. Thank you, Jane! And now I get to pass this honor on to others.
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Seven things about me:
1. I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington State with my husband, two daughters, one dog, two cats, and a fish. On sunny days we can see Mt. Rainier from one of our upstairs windows if we peer around the corner just right. My husband is my best friend.
2. I have been an educator for thirty years, the last five as a high school librarian. I love my job. And I can see Mt. Rainier clearly from my library windows (detect a theme?). It is like I get to work in heaven!
3. I consider myself to be a "Janite"...which used to be a derogatory term used about Jane Austen fans, but now is used to mean someone who loves everything Jane Austen. That's me! I hosted a Jane Austen Week in my library last year and I think it will become an annual event.
4. I became a reader late in life. I don't recall reading much in junior or senior high school and I only read what I was assigned in college. My reading "took off" as an adult after I read Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns and I discovered good literature. Now I'm in two book clubs and I get to read as part of my job (see #2.) I always have at least two books going at once and one audiobook going in the car.
5. I started reading YA Literature when I became a high school librarian five years ago and I love most of what I've read so far but I always feel like I need to catch up and make up for all the years I wasn't reading YA lit. I constantly have some reading challenge going such as the YA through the Decades or the Printz Challenge.
6. My favorite flowers are roses but I have a deer who keeps coming into our yard to eat them so I haven't had any to cut and enjoy this year. One of my favorite foods is BBQ salmon marinated in our special homemade sauce. Yum! My favorite book that I've read so far this summer is: The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I'll blog about it this week.
7. When my whole family gathers for a reunion there are nineteen of us, including my parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc. We just got together for four days for a reunion/vacation at the Oregon Coast.
Fifteen blogs I am passing the award on to:
The Prairie Library
A Flight of Minds
The Reading Ape
Teen Book Discussion...all grown up
Great Books for Kids and Teens
I'd So Rather Be Reading
The Tales Compendium
What to Read What to Read
About Books Blog
21 Pages YA Blog