"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Printz Project

 

Today I became aware of a website, The Printz Project, that encourages YA readers to read all the Printz Award and Honor books.  I started doing this very thing several years ago so I decided to pull my list onto one blog for easy viewing of my progress.  Take a look at my original posting for other lists and challenges that I am working on as well.

Micheal J. Printz Award and Honor Books. 
My reading project is to read all Printz Award/Honor books and then to stay current. I started this project when I became a librarian in 2005. 
                       Red= completed. *=Award Winner for the year


2010
Going Bovine, by Libba Bray*
Charles and Emma: The Darwins’ Leap of Faith, by Deborah Heiligman
The Monstrumologist, by Rick Yancey
Punkzilla, by Adam Rapp
Tales of the Madman Underground: An Historical Romance 1973, by John Barnes
2009
Jellicoe Road, by Melina Marchetta*
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; Volume II: The Kingdom on the Waves, by M.T. Anderson
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, by E. Lockhart
Nation, by Terry Pratchett
Tender Morsels, by Margo Lanagan
2008
The White Darkness, by Geraldine McCaughrean*
Dreamquake: Book Two of the Dreamhunter Duet, by Elizabeth Knox
One Whole and Perfect Day, by Judith Clarke
Repossessed, by A.M. Jenkins
Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath, by Stephanie Hemphill
2007
American Born Chinese, by Gene Luen Yang *
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; Volume I: The Pox Party, by M.T. Anderson
An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green
Surrender, by Sonya Hartnett
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
2006
Looking for Alaska, by John Green *
Black Juice, by Margo Lanagan
I Am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak
John Lennon: All I Want Is the Truth, a Photographic Biography, by Elizabeth Partridge
A Wreath for Emmett Till, by Marilyn Nelson
2005
how i live now, by Meg Rosoff  *
Airborn, by Kenneth Oppel
Chanda’s Secrets, by Allan Stratton
Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy, by Gary D. Schmidt
2004
The First Part Last, by Angela Johnson *
A Northern Light, by Jennifer Donnelly
Keesha’s House, by Helen Frost
Fat Kid Rules the World, by K.L. Going
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things, by Carolyn Mackler
2003
Postcards from No Man’s Land, by Aidan Chambers *
The House of the Scorpion, by Nancy Farmer
My Heartbeat, by Garret Freymann-Weyr
Hole in My Life, by Jack Gantos
2002
A Step From Heaven, by An Na *
The Ropemaker, by Peter Dickinson
Heart to Heart: New Poems Inspired by Twentieth-Century American Art, by Jan Greenberg
Freewill, by Chris Lynch
True Believer, by Virginia Euwer Wolff
2001
Kit’s Wilderness, by David Almond *
Many Stones, by Carolyn Coman
The Body of Christopher Creed, by Carol Plum-Ucci
Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, by Louise Rennison
Stuck in Neutral, by Terry Trueman
2000
Monster, by Walter Dean Myers *
Skellig, by David Almond
Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
Hard Love, by Ellen Wittlinger

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I've only heard of one or two of these and read none of them though the Book Theif is on my shelf here at home. I saw the movie Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. Oh, and I have Jellicoe Road, but it's way down on my reading list. Haven't been able to get into it. You've really concentrated on this list. Kudos!

    Heather at Buried in Books
    followed from the hop

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.